I had been meaning to write for the past two days, because I had off from work. But somehow, even having the first 2 days off I've had in 2 1/2 wks, I still managed to get almost nothing done. What did I do? Not much. What dd I get done?
1. Took one of the sweetest/cutest/most polite little 3 yr olds to Pre-School. On the drive there I was flipping through the radio and she caught a second of Beyonce's "Put A Ring On It", I turned it, but she begged me to turn it back and proceeded to sing the chorus and one verse in it's entirety. You haven't laughed until you've seen a 3 yr old singing "if you want it then you should've put a ring on it".
2. TRADER JOE'S. I love that place a little more than I think is natural for anyone. Biggest excitement? Getting a primo parking spot, which if you've ever been to the Piper Glen TJ's (the only one in the city & maybe even the state), is a BIG deal. Biggest bummer? Walking out without my favorite Peanut Butter Cups. Sad indeed.
3. Unlimited nap time. Apparently I needed some extra rest, because I slept about 75% of the rest of the day. After waking up feeling like crap & having that feeling progress through out the morning, I hit the bed when I got home & stayed there, waking only to take more meds, and accidentally taking the PM ones instead of the AM ones. Didn't think it's be such a big deal, me sleeping the afternoon away anyway, however upon waking and needing to go to the other grocery store I realized how wrong I was. I'm pretty sure I don't remember much of that trip other than feeling like I was really hung over without the fun of doing what it takes to GET hungover. Things were very fuzzy and people sounded like they were in a tunnel. Not good.
On to today-- worked this morning and had a GREAT time. No reason why other than I've just realized that today is all there is... It's all I've got to work with, the only thing I can do anything about, so I'm choosing to make it the best day I possibly can. Why make myself (& others around me) miserable by living any other way? Yesterday is over, & I can't really do a thing about tomorrow, so I'm making today the best day of my life... Because I can. Why would I want some circumstance outside of me get to be the judge of the best day of my life? Why can't everyday be the best day of my life... even if it doesn't seem that way for a moment? Being thankful is the only way to be.
I also made a pretty kick ass pot of chili just a little bit ago... It's simmering as I type and smells amazing. Cornbread in my cast iron skillet is next. Trying to duplicate my Grandma's recipe, but not holding my breath. Hers is the best in the entire universe, and I dare you to question that!
On to continue the best day of my life--
:: sarah ::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment