
Let me just start off by saying this one thing.
IT.IS.COLD.
I know, I shouldn't complain about my weather when friends up in the northern frozen tundra are experiencing temps with a little line behind them ( " - " ), but for a NC, THIS BE COLD! 27 right now... which is warm and toasty compared to the 7 that it was when I headed off to work before dawn. I'm currently sitting at my computer dressed like an eskimo (as you can see in the picture) because, though I'm blessed to get to live in such a beautiful and large house right now, heating it is a dickens, so I pretty much move a space heater into every room I'm in. It was currently re-positioned to my feet after I lost the feeling in my toes.
I don't mind the cold weather... as a matter of fact, I really love the change of seasons. Probably because of the years I spent living in South FL, where the most change of season you get is the temperature going from Hot to Warm or Mildly Cool. When I was there for Thanksgiving and it got down to 65 at night, you'd have thought a snowstorm was blowing through the way people dressed in their hats, coats, and scarves. Then there was little me, in my sundress and sunglasses, blissful on the beach. Don't get me wrong, being at the beach the day after Thanksgiving was amazing, and wearing shorts and t-shirts on December 1st, fantastic. But there's something homey about the change of season... from summer to fall, fall to winter. It's cozy. Plus, I get to haul out my favorite clothes.... hats, scarves, coats, boots, vests, ect. A friend and I were talking a couple months ago, on the first really cold Carolina night, and we decided that the only thing we really like about cold weather (especially the cold weather without the snow, which is completely pointless if you ask me) was the wardrobe. Really, it's the best part.
Okay, enough pointless weather rambles. I didn't intend to go on and on about temperatures and clothing, I really was going to talk about something of substance, something going on in my life... but now I'm not really in the mood. Considering nothing in my life is going the way I thought it would be going at this particular time, I've taken that as an opportunity to really let go of any ideas I had about what I thought I should be/would be/could be doing right now in my life. Totally let it go. Because holding onto it the way I was wasn't really getting me much of anywhere, if anything it was just allowing more insanely unbelievable things to occur to make whatever I wanted to happen not happen which led me to feeling disappointment. A vicious circle.
So, my life is a clear and open road... anything can happen and I'm good with it. Honestly good with whatever my next step is supposed to be, even if it isn't in the direction I want it to be in right now (Nashville), I know that my steps will ultimately lead there and apparently I need to experience whatever journey is ahead for me.
"On the road again....."
Or you can live in a house that was built in the 1940s which has sucky insulation...
ReplyDelete