Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Erin McCarley


It's not every night that you can turn on Letterman and see someone you know... it's really not every night that you can turn on Letterman and see 2 people you know. Last night, however, was one of those nights, and it was pretty awesome. 


Remember that name... and remember where you heard it first. I'm calling it now... this girl is a star in every sense of the word. You know that "It" that everyone says you need to "make it"? Well, she's got it. No..scratch that..she is IT. 

I was fortunate enough to meet Erin this past summer on the Ten out of Tenn Tour (TOT!) and she blew me away. Since then I've been keeping my eyes and ears open , eagerly awaiting the release of her first album, which was finally came out yesterday. I'm not gonna lie...it was pretty awesome to walk into Best Buy and see her album sitting there on the day it came out. It was even more awesome to finally get to listen to it in it's entirety, knowing all that went into making it over the past 2 years for her. Top it off with a Letterman performance, where she was joined by another friend of mine (and another name you need to remember, whose praises I could sing all day long, and probably will in another blog in the near future) k.s. Rhoads, on the keys, I'd say it was a pretty good day for Ms. McCarley.

I could go on and on about the album, entitled "Love, Save the Empty", which hit #5 on iTunes top albums last week, because it is impressive from start to finish... but I won't, because you need to listen to it for yourself, then proceed to tell everyone you know. So go to Best Buy, Target, iTunes...wherever the heck you want, and pick it up. Today. Like now. 

Can anyone smell a 'Best New Artist' Grammy Nom?? 'Cause I can.....

Just sayin'. 




No comments:

Post a Comment